Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Most Common Stocks For Dividend Growth Investors - Seeking Alpha

The Most Common Stocks For Dividend Growth Investors - Seeking Alpha: This article had its genesis in a trio of articles I did a few weeks ago on stocks with yields more than 1.5 times the yield available from 10-year Treasuries. In those articles, I presented statistics on the dividend growth rates (DGRs) of the stocks. I was surprised by the number of stocks that seemed to have declining DGRs. That caused me to wonder whether there was a pattern or predominance of companies lowering their DGRs.

During the Great Recession, lots of DGRs understandably took a dip, not to mention that there were some significant dividend freezes (DGR = 0) and slashes (DGR = negative). But my general impression had been that since 2009, DGRs have been recovering to levels that were more typical prior to the recession. So I decided to explore the question further.

Wikio

No comments:

Post a Comment