Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Dividend Contenders Smackdown XXVII - Seeking Alpha

Dividend Contenders Smackdown XXVII - Seeking Alpha: In the most recent installments of the Smackdown series, I screened the Dividend Champions (which can be found here) starting with beta and, last month, with the stocks' most recent (percentage) increase.

(Note that I have separated the Champions, Contenders, and Challengers into different articles to fit more closely into the format preferred by Seeking Alpha. Champions are companies that have paid higher dividends for at least 25 straight years; Contenders have streaks of 10-24 years; Challengers have streaks of five to nie years. I use the same Roman numeral for all three articles.)

This month, I decided to focus on the relationship between earnings and dividends, since the former should drive the latter. So I screened as follows:

No comments:

Post a Comment