Thursday, September 20, 2012

Can Dividend Growth Investing Be Reconciled With Modern Portfolio Theory? - Seeking Alpha

Can Dividend Growth Investing Be Reconciled With Modern Portfolio Theory? - Seeking Alpha: For the past couple of years, an active discussion or debate has been going on between proponents of dividend growth investing [DGI] and proponents of modern portfolio theory [MPT]. I have been in the middle of some of those debates. I often wonder whether the two strategies for portfolio construction can be reconciled. I will state my preference up front: My primary investing strategy is a DGI strategy. I recognize that many readers will see this as biasing this article. I am sure that any mistakes, stereotypes, or misconceptions can be rectified in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment